Pages

Friday, February 1

31 Days of Scripture Art Journaling:: Day 12: Choosing Your Scripture and Recording Your Thoughts

Day 12: Choosing Your Scripture
and recording your thoughts.

(Completed page.)

So far I've given you some of the basics and the hows of art journaling,
but the whole point is to pour your thoughts and heart out in pictures and words;
to have a safe place to experiment and play
and to let God's Word sink into your soul and become a part of you.

 I started with a page I had prepped with gesso & paint in my journal.
(See Day 9 for directions on preparing a journal.)

So often I'll read a verse or a passage from the Bible
and close it and go on with my day and forget about it.
I wanted to journal scripture as a way of keeping it with me,
meditating on it, and hiding it my heart.
I wanted to use it as an extension of my quiet time.
to listen and explore verses in a different way.


I added texture with legos, a cup, and bubble wrap.
(See Day 11 for more ideas.)

I don't over think the verses I journal.
I just start with whatever is on my mind at the time.
Usually it's what I'm reading or something I heard in church.
Sometimes it's a truth I need to cling to.


(I added paper and then some paint.)

When I began journaling, my main focus was on technique
but as I am becoming more comfortable with it
I find that it's way easier to let go and pour out my thoughts
and work out my salvation with fear and trembling
in color and line and shape and pattern.


(I added silver Sharpie & then black Sharpie.)

I hope this helps you.
I hope this makes sense.
I hope you join me &
share what you are doing.


Ultimately, your art journal should be a place you can go
to wrestle and pray and listen and be.
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Oh I love this! Please join us at Random Journal Day if you'd like Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for these wonderful examples and lessons in scripture journalling. I haven't started this but I have started reading the bible and choosing special passages. What a perfect way to meditate on the words and meanings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such gorgeous journal pages! I love your way of journaling. It is so different from mine, but both are full of life just the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your process, as well as your heart. I love the result and I love that you are applying Scripture to your art journaling. I am playing around with art journaling and this gives me ideas of how to layer the pages, but also use the pages to meditate on Scripture...in the process of writing and artmaking I find myself worshipping the Creator, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your gift of creative journaling! I have thought up this idea(paint/journal/scripture) and never followed through... now I have to! You have given me step by step instructions and ideas! Thanks! and Bless you!

    ReplyDelete