Pages

Monday, May 28

Thank you.

Thank you, thank you, thank you
veterans.






I think you are better than a hazelnut latte on a rainy morning.
Better than a delivery of new art supplies to my doorstep.
You are better than my brand new juiced up ipad.


I love this country.
I have lived over seas and traveled throughout the world.
 I know, first hand, how very, very fortunate I am to live here.
Do you know how many people would give all they have to live here?
The freedoms and priveleges that come with my passport.
The choices and comforts I have.




We are far from perfect.
We have a long way to go. for sure.
And we always will.
We have some horrific history.
It's shameful. I know.



But I still love this country.
And I reap the benefits of your sacrifice every day.
Thank you veterans.



 
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. a standing ovation
    of the happiest sort
    is happening deep in my belly
    over this:):):)
    thank you for sharing
    so powerfully,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete