Pages

Tuesday, December 27

shoot. I think I missed Christmas.

Again.
But thank you, Lord, that it’s over.
And thank you Mary for this post.
You always make me feel okay to be my human self.
Here what she posted:
If we have neglected the spiritual call of Advent for yet another year, and have allowed ourselves to become thoroughly frazzled by December 24, all is not lost. We are, in face, in very good shape for Christmas.
  
Oh good.
 That’s me.
Frazzled.
Exhausted.
Fat.
Poor.
Distracted.
Inadequate.
Overwhelmed.
 Cluttered.
Weary.
 I qualify.

This makes me happy.
The thrill of hope.
The weary world rejoices.
These 2 lines keep ringing through my ears.

I love this version of this song.
Anything Mac Powell sings sounds sexy to me.
Even O Holy Night.

We made it, friends.
We made it through the madness.
And now we can eat fudge for breakfast.
 and exercise in the morning.
{or the morning after that}
{or maybe in January}
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. i am smiling here...sometimes you just gotta eat fudge for breakfast...

    you will have years where things go a bit easier, you are doing just fine!!

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ate two coffee cakes, three pieces of chocolate peppermint, and five pieces of sponge candy for breakfast...with coffee. Another great breakfast of champions. I am in need of exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy & Mary, I'm glad it's not just me.:) I'm in need of some serious self control.

    ReplyDelete