Pages

Wednesday, February 23

Somerset Studio: The Art of Lettering


I came home from work yesterday to find best surpise in my mailbox.
The new Somerset Studio:

I submitted an exemplar so long ago,
that I had forgotten about it.

By the time I found out I'd be in this issue
I was thrilled.
(of course)

They always have gorgeous photography & layouts.
I'm so thankful to be a part of this issue.




I have been obssessed with paper and doodling
and lettering since at least fourth grade.
Typography was one of my favorite classes in college.
The whole class was about fonts:
serifs
san serifs
scripts
gothis
avant garde
helvetica
I love it all


It's amazing how subtle changes in lettering styles can create
a change in the enitre mood of a piece.
Life is a Beautiful Ride - (11x14 Size)
Parada Creations

I thought I'd share some of my favorite lettering artists with you.

Bicycle Bird  Print Raw Art Letterpress

Raw Art Letterpress








8 comments:

  1. WOW!! Is there ANYTHING you CAN'T do? WOW! Congratulaions, Erin! You blow me away with your versatility and energy and creativity. You are definitely a hero of mine. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!!!!:O) How awesome!!! Cant wait to get the issue and pour through it:O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fabulous is that...congrats to you. I look forward to seeing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the pub!!! I, too, love lettering! Great art you show here - very inspiring. Too bad the light is gone in Holland, I would love to work on a 'letter page' right now but I can't work with lamp-light :( It always turns out to be bad in the morning... better wait for dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Erin!! I am excited to see it when I get my copy! How wonderful for you! And your lettering is great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Erin! You´re really getting in there and being published, that is so great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Erin! I can't wait to see the issue! I was an exemplar 2 yrs ago. So great to see! Your piece is lovely.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. So wonderful Erin! I'm looking forward to seeing the issue - and so not surprised at your continued successes!

    ReplyDelete